Join us on the Isle of Lismore for a special crofting meeting of our Plant Teams field lab, looking at growing multiple crops together for better outcomes, also called intercropping.
Sorry, this event has already happened. Have a look at our upcoming events.
- Find out about new research into heritage grains like Bere (an ancient type of Scottish barley) and which species mixtures are particularly suited to the West of Scotland.
- Visit Baleveolan Croft on the Isle of Lismore where Mike Hyatt and Clare Haworth are in their first year of trialling peas and oats and a Uist seed mix.
- Learn about seed sovereignty and food commons.
- Get practical advice on growing and harvesting an intercrop and find out more about trials across Scotland.
- Hear from speakers Peter Martin (Agronomy Institute, Orkney College), Maria Scholten (Seed Sovereignty), Ali Karley (The James Hutton Institute’s EU-DIVERSify project) and Robin Walker (SRUC’s EU-ReMIX project)
Free lunch and hot refreshments provided.
For more information visit the Eventbrite weblink below: