The British Society of Animal Science (BSAS) conference will cover cutting edge research in animal science, agriculture, policy and trade, education and knowledge exchange. By bringing all sectors relating to animal science together, BSAS will lead the international debate on the challenge of change and adapting to the new ‘normal’, post Covid-19 and Brexit.
Sorry, this event has already happened. Have a look at our upcoming events.
Date & Time
12th - 15th of April 2021 - 10:00 to 18:30
The conference themes are:
- The Challenge of Change
Delegates will enjoy engaging discussion and lively debate around the latest developments in animal science, agriculture, policy and trade, education and knowledge exchange.
- Animal Science
International speakers share their insights on research developments and practical solutions to underpin sustainable animal production, while also exploring how we can unify approaches to improve performance and wellbeing of animals.
- Developing Talent
Dedicated early career programme providing an international platform to showcase the exciting work of our emerging scientists, as they take up their role in the world of animal science.
- BSAS Global
Collaboration and dissemination of animal science research and practical application on an international platform, with the aim of enhancing and sharing knowledge and experience globally.
*A discounted conference rate is available for SEFARI colleagues, please contact email@example.com for further information.
SEFARI Gateway will lead a keynote session (11.00-12.45, 14th April) on One Health:
- Chair – Philip Skuce, SEFARI Gateway KE Sector Lead – Livestock – Intro to session & SEFARI, 5 mins
- Lisa Boden, UoE Global Academy & EPIC: Modelling for pandemic preparedness: A Need for a One Health Approach, 20 mins
- Lorna Dawson, James Hutton Institute & SEFARI Gateway KE Sector Lead – Environment: Change for the better by integration across the disciplines and good stakeholder engagement, 20 mins
- Laura Higham, UoE Global Academy & VetSustain - The role of veterinary professionals in a changing world, 20 mins
- Nigel Miller, Ruminant Health & Welfare Group & Independent Farming for 1.5C Inquiry - What’s happening in Scotland? 20 mins
- Facilitated Panel Discussion, Q&A – Simon Cousins, Simon Cousins Media & Panel members, 45 min