+44 (0)1382 568825
The James Hutton Institute
Dundee DD2 5DA
Current research interests
- Examining genetic diversity (biological/functional, molecular genetic and phylogenetic) of Globodera pallida using comparative sequencing, expression analyses, and functional analyses to investigate host/nematode interactions and virulence with the aim of sustainable management of host resistance.
- Developing molecular diagnostics for plant parasitic nematodes and using them to understand population structure, intraspecific competition and population dynamics.
- Understanding the role of temperature on potato cyst nematode (PCN) multiplication for risk predictions.
- Evaluating the effect of combining resistances to PCN on competition and multiplication.
- Investigating the evolution of the multipartite mitochondrial genome of Globodera pallida and related species.