0131 535 4136
Scotland’s Rural College
W Mains Rd
Neil is Crop Protection Team Leader, wtih research interests in:
- Epidemiology, life cycle and control of Ramularia leaf spot in barley.
- Managing cereal and oilseed crops using Integrated Pest Management (including biopesticides and elicitors).
- Developing new risk forecasts for fungal pathogens and incorporating into disease control progammes.
- Developing new diagnostic assays for fungal pathogens.
- Monitoring the development of reduced sensitivity to fungicides in fungal pathogens.
- Monitoring the ear blight species complex in cereal crops and potential mycotoxin threat.
- Control of late blight fungus in potatoes.