0131 651 9354
Animal & Veterinary Sciences,
Roslin Institute Building,
Easter Bush, Midlothian
My research interests include:
- Neonatal survival.
- Developing alternative farrowing and lactation systems for sows and litters.
- Implementing uptake of high welfare systems and practices.
- Mitigating the health and welfare impacts of selection for production traits such as hyper-prolificacy.
- Using technology to allow early detection of animal health and welfare problems.
- Optimising performance of high welfare systems using genetic selection strategies.
- Understanding the short- and long-term health and welfare benefits of positive early-life experiences and understanding negative affective states in sows (e.g. hunger and exhaustion) and their impact on mother and offspring (pre- and post-natal).