01838 400 210
Hill & Mountain Research Centre,
Claire is multidisciplinary scientist with a focus on extensive livestock production, particularly in mountain areas. Current interests include:
- Assessment of farm labour and its role on farm viability.
- Use of Electronic Identification (EID) and technology in extensive sheep systems for improved management and profitability.
- Uptake and knowledge exchange with farming industry.
- Sustainable intensification in the hills, land abandonment.
- Impacts of policies on farmers' economic options.