+44 (0)344 928 5428
James Hutton Institute
Robin is a plant ecologist based at the James Hutton Institute. His research focuses on the management and functioning of biodiversity in a range of Scottish Ecosystems and he currently leads a workpackage, Functioning of Species, Habitats and Ecosystems, as part of the Scottish Government funded research programme on Environment - Land Use and Rural Stewardship.
His current research covers the following areas:
- The role of plant functional traits in ecosystem function,
- Long-term land use and biodiversity change on the Machair,
- Prioritisation of species and habitats for conservation,
- Upland management for biodiversity, and
- The impact of tree regeneration on moorland biodiversity.