An event exploring the future policy needed to tackle Scotland’s obesity problem, following the release of the Scottish Government's new Diet and Healthy Weight Delivery Plan.
Date & Time
4 October 2018 - 09:30-15:30
The day will be divided into three sessions: Scottish Government policy, improving partnership working and individual choices and sharing and learning from good practice. This event will be very useful for those working in public health and nutrition, education, and research and policy.
Within each session, there will be a range of speakers followed by a discussion. Professor Alex Johnstone, Rowett Institute and SEFARI, is one of the confirmed speakers. Alex will be involved in the session ‘Policy and Overview’ and will be speaking about a ‘Lifecourse approach to obesity management’. Representing SEFARI, Alex will highlight the evidence base for impacting on the seven decades of changing appetite in our life and the steps required to improve diet and physical activity in Scotland.
Other confirmed speakers include:
- Amanda Boyle OBE, CEO, Scottish Slimmers
- Lorraine Tulloch, Programme Lead, Obesity Action Scotland
- Donna McArdle, Development Manager, Bridgend Inspiring Growth
- Dr Alison McLuckie, Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (Scotland)
- David Thomson, CEO, Food and Drink Federation Scotland
- Naina Minhas, Manager, NKS
The venue is TBC but will be hosted in central Edinburgh on the 4th of October, 09:30-15:30.