+44 (0)131 535 3291
SRUC Beef & Sheep Research Centre
Roslin Institute Building
My current research interests are around precision livestock farming (PLF), feed efficiency and methane mitigation strategies, this includes:
- Investigating the use of multi-sensor systems to remotely assess the performance of beef animals.
- Physiological monitoring of pre-weaned calves as a method of early detection of disease.
- Investigating novel diet additives as methane mitigation strategies.
- Development of proxy methods for methane measurement.
- Development and testing of multi-sensor systems to remotely assess calving.
- Assessment of electronic identification (EID) in bovine systems.
- Applications of near infrared spectroscopy (NIRS) in forage analysis.